The Ada County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday posted on its Facebook page a photo of a bag of methamphetamine saying the agency would like to meet the owner.
The agency says a motorcyclist traveling at 80 mph on Amity Road on Friday morning lost the 3 ounces of meth when it fell off the back of the bike.
Witnesses saw the item fall and retrieved it from the street.
They contacted authorities when they discovered the bag contained a white powder.
Police say the witnesses didn’t get a good look at the motorcyclist because he was going too fast.
The sheriff’s office says no one had claimed the item by Tuesday afternoon.
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Pastafarian gets to wear strainer on head in license photo Nov. 13
- How do you smuggle Heineken into Saudi Arabia? Nov. 12
- Human poop could yield up to $9.5 billion Nov. 3
- Australia dumps titles knights and dames from honors awards Nov. 1
- Creepy Halloween doll in I-5 carpool lane doesn’t fool officer Oct. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.