I first heard about Round the Table when I read Christina Harper’s article New gaming pub encourages families to play together. Ever since, I’ve been meaning to take my kids.
What I loved best about Round the Table was the Open Play Games section. We could borrow any game we wanted from that corner and play at one of the many tables. There’s no cover charge or fee for playing. There’s a wide selection of games to choose from and definitely something for every age level.
What my kids loved best was eating ice cream cones and playing board games at the same time. Single scoop cones were only $2.50 each. We also bought soda and juice.
I was very impressed by Round the Table because it meets the needs of a multi-age clientele. It’s a safe place for teenagers to hang out, but also a fun place for adults to enjoy a beer, or a mom like me to play “Guess Who” with my kids.
My kids are already begging to go back!
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Teaching children a joy that lasts longer than a calorie buzz Nov. 22
- New dog offers family mystery, amusement Nov. 15
- When dinner and the home cook need an upgrade Nov. 8
- Staring down Father Time, this year we dressed up like party animals Nov. 1
- Walking solves most problems — except for lack of sidewalks Oct. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.