I first heard about Round the Table when I read Christina Harper’s article New gaming pub encourages families to play together. Ever since, I’ve been meaning to take my kids.
What I loved best about Round the Table was the Open Play Games section. We could borrow any game we wanted from that corner and play at one of the many tables. There’s no cover charge or fee for playing. There’s a wide selection of games to choose from and definitely something for every age level.
What my kids loved best was eating ice cream cones and playing board games at the same time. Single scoop cones were only $2.50 each. We also bought soda and juice.
I was very impressed by Round the Table because it meets the needs of a multi-age clientele. It’s a safe place for teenagers to hang out, but also a fun place for adults to enjoy a beer, or a mom like me to play “Guess Who” with my kids.
My kids are already begging to go back!
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
- When restrooms — and even life — don’t make sense July 12
- Emptying the kitchen — and our stomachs July 5
- Using a little magic to put my house in order June 28
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.