She also will be unopposed on the Nov. 4 general-election ballot unless someone registers as a write-in candidate by July 18 and finishes second in the primary with at least 1 percent of the primary vote. As of Monday, no one had declared a write-in candidacy.
Ryu is seeking a third two-year term in the State House of Representatives.
Here is her introductory campaign statement:
32nd DISTRICT STATE REPRESENTATIVE Pos. 1
Cindy Ryu (Prefers Democratic Party)
A Washingtonian since 1969, I am honored to represent the people of Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace (west of I-5), south Edmonds, unincorporated Snohomish County, Woodway, Shoreline, and northwest Seattle. My priorities are to fully fund public education and protect consumers, working families, and the environment while ensuring safety of our communities. We must pass a construction budget and transportation package. Our state is growing, and we need to build classrooms while fixing aging bridges, highways and surface streets. Our economic recovery should not be bogged down by traffic gridlock. Endorsed by Democrats and the Sierra Club, and many others.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Final south Snohomish County primary election results Aug. 20
- Introductory statements from Lynnwood candidates Roberts and Hurst Aug. 20
- Ambalada endorses Simmonds in Lynnwood general election Aug. 19
- Introductory statements from Fire District 1 candidates Schrock and Luke Aug. 19
- Introductory statements from Brier Council at-large candidates Aug. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.