Carpenter running, Mebane underrated, and Suarez as a cookie: your Friday mixed bag of links
Did you get training camp tickets Thursday? If not, you’re probably out of luck, because they went very fast, so try to be nice to any friends/family who did and hope to score an invite.
CBS Sports’ Pete Prisco will win Seahawks over by calling Brandon Mebane the NFL’s most underrated player, then anger them by calling Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson overrated.
ESPN’s Terry Blount begins his countdown of the top 10 Seahawks of all time (no including the current roster).
During an appearance on NFL Total Access, Joe Montana was asked if the Seahawks could become a dynasty. His answer is sure to go over well in San Francisco.
Now, onto the World Cup…
I hung out with US soccer fans at the Irishmen in Everett yesterday.
If you’ve been paying any attention at all to the World Cup, you’ve no doubt heard that Luis Suarez bit a guy (again). Well if you want an idea of just how bad things are going for Suarez, consider that even the Girl Scouts of America are having fun at his expense. This really has nothing to do with Seattle sports, but it made me laugh, so here you go:
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Bruce Irvin and Jimmy Graham appear to have buried the hatchet April 13
- No, Russell Wilson isn’t going to play baseball April 13
- Seahawks preseason schedule announced April 9
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett denies trade report; still ‘feels the same way’ about Jimmy Graham April 9
- Lloyd McClendon ‘much more comfortable’ with Mariners’ current lineup vs. lefties April 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.