2 reportedly suicidal women taken to hospital by water rescue crews
The first occurred around 4:15 p.m. Sunday in Gold Bar on the railroad tracks at Big Bend over the Skykomish River. The woman was convinced to get off the tracks and taken to the hospital.
A little later Sunday, a woman walked into the Stillaguamish River in a suicide attempt, officials said. The call came in around 5:30 p.m.
While one dive team member talked with her, another was able to grab her from behind.
She too has been taken to the hospital.
Most recent Sirens posts
- New fire chief hired for North County Nov. 19
- Everett firefighter arrested in sex-crimes investigation Nov. 19
- 3 people, dog escape from fire that destroyed house near Snohomish Nov. 19
- Unattended stove blamed in Edmonds house fire Nov. 18
- Granite Falls police chief remains on leave after crash Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.