The hiker was worried he wasn't going to be able to hang on until ground teams were able to reach him. The helicopter crew was able to lift him out.
Check out this video, which gives a rather amazing perspective on the work the Helicopter Rescue Team does.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
- State parks, national parks, forest service sites will be free on Saturday Sep. 23
- Dance, dine and help underserved kids get outside Sep. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.