The hiker was worried he wasn't going to be able to hang on until ground teams were able to reach him. The helicopter crew was able to lift him out.
Check out this video, which gives a rather amazing perspective on the work the Helicopter Rescue Team does.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.