How to keep kids busy this summer
Sometimes it feels like the only downtime is when my family is plugged into technology. It’s a really big temptation to turn on cartoons and take a breather. That’s why my husband and I have established screen time guidelines for our family to follow this summer.
Summer Screen Time Rules:
- Read for 30 minutes
- Math for 30 minutes
- Play outside
- Do a chore for Mom
- ...Then you can power up!
Need more ideas for summer fun? Here are some favorites from previous “I Brake for Moms” posts:
Hot Lava Lamps
Local Milk Taste Test
Salmon Taste Test
Hands on Equations
Chihuly Inspired Art
Visit Darrington to buy books
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Are you changing your child’s digital destiny? March 1
- Help your local Girl Scout, even if you order online Feb. 22
- Fed up with the squirrel show out my back window Feb. 15
- Traveling without your children requires keeping guilt at bay Feb. 8
- Some of us aren't football crazy; please don't hold it against us Feb. 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.