How to keep kids busy this summer
Sometimes it feels like the only downtime is when my family is plugged into technology. It’s a really big temptation to turn on cartoons and take a breather. That’s why my husband and I have established screen time guidelines for our family to follow this summer.
Summer Screen Time Rules:
- Read for 30 minutes
- Math for 30 minutes
- Play outside
- Do a chore for Mom
- ...Then you can power up!
Need more ideas for summer fun? Here are some favorites from previous “I Brake for Moms” posts:
Hot Lava Lamps
Local Milk Taste Test
Salmon Taste Test
Hands on Equations
Chihuly Inspired Art
Visit Darrington to buy books
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Gear Up & Go! inspires results in kids and parents May 17
- Motherhood is a constant test; here's how to keep score May 10
- Foster mom gives pups a new leash on life May 3
- When Mom and Dad need a get-away from family vacation April 26
- For parents, ‘the good teacher’ will make all the difference April 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.