How to keep kids busy this summer
Sometimes it feels like the only downtime is when my family is plugged into technology. It’s a really big temptation to turn on cartoons and take a breather. That’s why my husband and I have established screen time guidelines for our family to follow this summer.
Summer Screen Time Rules:
- Read for 30 minutes
- Math for 30 minutes
- Play outside
- Do a chore for Mom
- ...Then you can power up!
Need more ideas for summer fun? Here are some favorites from previous “I Brake for Moms” posts:
Hot Lava Lamps
Local Milk Taste Test
Salmon Taste Test
Hands on Equations
Chihuly Inspired Art
Visit Darrington to buy books
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Redrawing Western Washington's map to fit in "Game of Thrones" April 12
- Expect respect, but be realistic about kids' ability to sit still April 5
- Buckle up! When your kid’s safety breaks the bank March 29
- Letting down my guard and learning to understand Clash of Clans March 22
- Supermarket clerks create a welcoming community March 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.