Sometimes it feels like the only downtime is when my family is plugged into technology. It’s a really big temptation to turn on cartoons and take a breather. That’s why my husband and I have established screen time guidelines for our family to follow this summer.
Summer Screen Time Rules:
- Read for 30 minutes
- Math for 30 minutes
- Play outside
- Do a chore for Mom
- ...Then you can power up!
Need more ideas for summer fun? Here are some favorites from previous “I Brake for Moms” posts:
Hot Lava Lamps
Local Milk Taste Test
Salmon Taste Test
Hands on Equations
Chihuly Inspired Art
Visit Darrington to buy books
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
- Making school lunches worthy of your kids June 14
- Feeding a family is about more than food June 7
- How low could you go on your grocery budget? May 31
- If you need to critique a teacher, please keep it offline May 24
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.