State Department of Transportation contractors will be replacing the deck and some of the underlying supports of the bridge that carries the southbound lanes over the river.
The work is expected to last up to four months, and southbound traffic will be redirected across the median onto two lanes on the bridge that currently bears northbound traffic, while northbound travel will be reduced to two lanes on the same bridge.
Starting Monday, July 7, crews will begin building the crossover lanes for the detour, which will require some lane closures:
- Starting 10 p.m. Monday, southbound I-5 will be reduced to two lanes near the bridge until the bridge work is complete in November.
- From Monday, July 7 to the afternoon of Wednesday, July 9, northbound I-5 will be reduced to two lanes from 5 a.m.-2 p.m. and 7-10 p.m. each day, and reduced to one lane from 10 p.m.-5 a.m. nightly.
- Also from Monday, July 7 to the afternoon of Wednesday, July 9, the northbound I-5 on-ramp at Highway 530 will be closed from 7-2 p.m. the following day.
- Starting Wednesday, July 9 through November, northbound I-5 will be reduced to two lanes of traffic near the bridge, starting at 10 p.m. each night.
- In addition, there will be overnight two-lane closures on northbound I-5 between Highway 530 and 236th Street NE from 10 p.m. Monday, July 7, to 5 a.m. Tuesday, July 8.
More Local News Headlines
No evidence of warning in school shootings, police say DNR cleans local waterways of sunken, derelict, abandoned boats Everett teachers OK contract with nearly 8% pay raise Tell lawmakers ways to improve and fund public schools United Way honors Everett volunteer with Roger Bouck Award Suspect sought in Forest Park stabbing in Everett Woman killed in Lynnwood crash identified Evergreen State Fair judging results
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.