This weekend, the Stanwood-Camano Arts Guild offers its 22nd annual Art By the Bay, a festival of art and music.
Mary Ann Hinshaw, festival director, said Art By the Bay is a show of high-quality art and crafts by more than 100 people, as well as gourmet food vendors.
The festival is 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 12 and 13 on the grounds of the Stanwood Camano Community Fair, 6431 Pioneer Highway, Stanwood. Admission and parking are free.
The art show includes clothing, baskets, beads, candles, ceramics, drawings, glass, jewelry, metalwork, oil and acrylic paintings, photography, stonework, watercolors and woodwork.
Returning artists include Judy Adams, Ricky Barrick, Lee Beitz, Steve Bryant, Karen Bumpus, Steve Dalton, John Delzell, Sharon Dodge, Pat Doran, Mark Ellinger, Dorothy Faydo, AJ Ferrell, Kristi Fina, Dennis Fisk, Alison Gamage, Bill Harrison, Andy Hill, Linda Hill, Ron Hinshaw, Mary Ann Hinshaw, Gina Holt, Roy Johnson, Larry Kantzer, Sandy Knapp, Molly LeMaster, Tana Ruyle-Loop, Victor Loverro, Karin Martin, Dick Meske, Teresa Mulvaney, Rodney Patzer, andy Phibbs, Patti Pontikis, Sally Pray, Bill Rawls, Bev Reaume, Roxan Sappingfield, Shelia Saxon, Elvy Schmoker, Nick Seegert, Dave Thomas, Kathy Thoreson, James Weaver, Larry Williams, Mary Weiler, Sheila Wray and Karen Young.
New artists include Sally Chang, Leah Jewell, Marc Knowels, Johnny Ma, Richard McUne, Sheila Rood, Rod Sylvester, Cathy Tao-Alexander, Al Tietjen, Kevin Walder, Mary Wilkerson, Kathleen Williams, Gary Wold, Sally Abby.
Several musical groups will perform:
- Camano Islanders Tony Britton and his wife Lisa Smith, the duo “Smitton,” sings at 11 a.m. July 12.
- Russell Clepper and Sarah Dial Primrose, “Muse & Eye” of Whidbey Island, sing folk music at 1 p.m. July 12.
- The Crow Valley String Band, a family from Orcas Island, performs traditional tunes at 3 p.m. July 12.
- Voices of the Village, an Arlington choir of people with disabilities, sings at 11 a.m. July 13.
- Ian McFeron and Alisa Milner of Seattle perform at 1 p.m. July 13.
- Marcia Kester of Mount Vernon performs country, rock, pop and blues at 2:30 p.m. July 13.
More Entertainment Headlines
Saturday’s highlights on TV Weekend best bets: fair, music and beer, arts festivals, more Take in birds, nature Saturday at Port Susan preserve Country music fans head east of the mountains for Watershed Williams lone bright spot in clunky ‘Boulevard’ ‘Court’ puts Indian justice system on trial Ade’s Mexican Deli a hidden gem in south Everett Woody Allen dives deep into familiar territory with ‘Irrational Man’
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.