Fire damages 12 apartments in Everett
Crews rushed to the Beverly Village Apartments at 801 75th St., shortly after 2 a.m. to find flames coming from a first-floor apartment, assistant fire marshal Eric Hicks said.
As they tried to extinguish the blaze, it spread to the building's second and third floors, as well as the attic. By the time the fire was out, 12 apartments had suffered damage: three from the fire itself, the rest from smoke and water.
No one was injured, Hicks said. The Snohomish County chapter of the American Red Cross was helping the displaced.
Fire investigators had not yet determined the cause of the blaze, he said.
Most recent Sirens posts
- New fire chief hired for North County Nov. 19
- Everett firefighter arrested in sex-crimes investigation Nov. 19
- 3 people, dog escape from fire that destroyed house near Snohomish Nov. 19
- Unattended stove blamed in Edmonds house fire Nov. 18
- Granite Falls police chief remains on leave after crash Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.