The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up | Manage  Green editions icon Green editions
Herald staff | rking@heraldnet.com
Published: Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 4:55 p.m.

Everett apartment fire started near baseboard heater

EVERETT A fire at an Everett apartment complex on Sunday was caused by clothes and other items being left too close to a baseboard heater, officials said.

The fire displaced at least 12 families from the Beverly Village Apartments at 801 75th St.

No injuries were reported. The building was a $4 million loss.

The fire started in a bedroom on the first floor of the north side of the building, according to the Everett Fire Department. That apartment did not have working smoke alarms.
Story tags » EverettFirefightingFire

Sign up for HeraldNet headlines Newsletter
See sample | Privacy policy

Most recent Sirens posts

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus
digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

loading...
» More local news