I've attended two of them so far, and they've both been fantastic. (I was out of town for a third, Tami Asar's talk, and I'm still bummed.)
The final event is with photographer Steven Gnam and wildlife biologist Douglas H. Chadwick. They'll be presenting a multimedia presentation on the new book, "The Crown of the Continent: The Wildest Rockies."
I have a copy of the book and I've been slowly reading through it. It's a gorgeous coffee table book with a number of essays. The photography is stunning, and I'm excited to see it on a huge screen at the Mountaineers. The essays discuss connections between the outdoors, culture, history and community. They offer a wide view of an important and diverse natural area.
If you'd like to check out the event, tickets are $18 and you can get them here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.