Be Wild: Discover the Rockies at event Thursday
I've attended two of them so far, and they've both been fantastic. (I was out of town for a third, Tami Asar's talk, and I'm still bummed.)
The final event is with photographer Steven Gnam and wildlife biologist Douglas H. Chadwick. They'll be presenting a multimedia presentation on the new book, "The Crown of the Continent: The Wildest Rockies."
I have a copy of the book and I've been slowly reading through it. It's a gorgeous coffee table book with a number of essays. The photography is stunning, and I'm excited to see it on a huge screen at the Mountaineers. The essays discuss connections between the outdoors, culture, history and community. They offer a wide view of an important and diverse natural area.
If you'd like to check out the event, tickets are $18 and you can get them here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Kayakers will get rare chance to play on Sultan River in late April March 24
- Sometimes, it's good to suffer on a hike March 24
- Mount Rainier National Park announces planned opening dates March 24
- DNR to boost recreation opportunities near Snoqualmie Pass March 23
- See elevated nature trail before it opens to the public March 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.