For the past few weeks my husband and kids have been obsessed with a book called “Candy Experiments” by local author Loralee Leavitt. It combines science and candy into a confection of fun.
Every evening when my husband comes home, he brings new candy from the office vending machine. They've done over twenty experiments so far—and sampled the goods along the way. Some of the kids’ favorites have included dissolving peppermints and Halley’s Comet M&M’s.
What’s especially cool is that King County Libraries is offering free hands-on workshops with Loralee and her candy experiments this summer. Advanced registration is required. You can find out more information right here.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
- When restrooms — and even life — don’t make sense July 12
- Emptying the kitchen — and our stomachs July 5
- Using a little magic to put my house in order June 28
- We've learned a lot from our TV dads over the years — which one best describes you? June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.