Mariners recall Taylor and Montero from Tacoma
Taylor, who began his professional career in Everett in 2012, will hit ninth tonight and play shortstop in his Major League Debut. He was hitting .328 in Tacoma this season with five home runs, 22 doubles, 7 triples, 37 RBI, and 14 stolen bases. Montero has appeared in five games with the Mariners in June, hitting .286, and in Tacoma was hitting .310 with 15 home runs, 23 doubles, and 69 RBI. He’ll be the DH and hit sixth tonight.
Though with Kendrys Morales expected to join the team Friday, it’s likely that this is a quick stay for Montero, who is could end up back in Tacoma to make room for Morales.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- No, Russell Wilson isn’t going to play baseball April 13
- Seahawks preseason schedule announced April 9
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett denies trade report; still ‘feels the same way’ about Jimmy Graham April 9
- Lloyd McClendon ‘much more comfortable’ with Mariners’ current lineup vs. lefties April 7
- Mariners opening day lineups, links and pregame notes April 6
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.