Republican to run as write-in candidate in 1st District
Davies registered Friday, the final day for registration as a write-in candidate for the Aug. 5 primary election.
Registered write-in candidates have their votes counted even with minor misspellings or with missing or incorrect party preference.
A write-in candidate can qualify for the November general-election ballot by placing second in the primary with at least 1 percent of the vote.
In the 2012 primary, Davies ran as an unregistered write-in candidate for another 1st District position, got enough votes to qualify for the general-election ballot with no party preference and won about 40 percent of the November vote.
The 1st Legislative District includes most of Mountlake Terrace, all of Brier and Bothell. Unincorporated areas of Snohomish County north and east of Bothell, part of Kirkland and unincorporated areas of King County between Bothell and Kirkland.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Four incumbents running, one not running for Edmonds Council election May 15
- School Board candidates include one former, two current members May 14
- MLT community invited to Coffee with the City Wednesday May 13
- Challengers file for all Lynnwood Council positions May 12
- Candidate filing starts Monday May 8
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.