Seahawks agree to deal with CB Terrell Thomas
Im so thankful for the Seattle Seahawks giving me an opportunity to continue my dream. Can't wait to hit the field with my new teammates!Thomas, 29, played for Pete Carroll at USC and was a second-round pick by the New York Giants in 2008. Thomas missed all of the 2011 and 2012 season with knee injuries—he tore his ACL in 2011, the re-injured the same knee the next year—but returned to play in all 16 games last year as New York’s nickel cornerback. Thomas, who is listed at 6-0, 191 pounds, had 67 tackles, one interception, one sack and one forced fumble last year.
— Terrell Thomas (@TerrellThomas24) July 28, 2014
The Seahawks currently have Jeremy Lane as their top nickel corner, but Thomas’ versatility—he was a starting cornerback in 2009 and 2010 before moving to the nickel spot following his injuries—could help him in the fight to earn a roster spot in a very deep secondary.
The Seahawks have not yet announced the signing or a corresponding move, but they were already at the roster limit of 90 players, so a cut will have to be made to get Thomas onto the roster.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks re-sign DL Demarcus Dobbs March 29
- Updates from Seahawks coach Pete Carroll at the NFL Annual Meetings March 25
- Seahawks add three assistants to defensive coaching staff March 25
- Sounders forward Clint Dempsey out 2-3 weeks with hamstring injury March 24
- Seahawks awarded four compensatory draft picks March 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.