Hoosier Lottery officials said Robert Hamilton won $1 million from a scratch-off ticket he bought last week at an Indianapolis convenience store. His other big winner came in April in western Indiana’s Jasonville while traveling to a conference.
Hamilton said he used his first prize to pay off debts, buy a home and invest in his business. He now plans to buy a motorcycle.
The lottery said Hamilton’s tickets are among eight top prizes for its $120 Million Cash Spectacular Scratch-off game. Lottery officials said the odds of winning a top prize from the game are one in 2.1 million.
- The Buzz: O lucky man! 7/31/14
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Police wait as suspect returns to burglary scene for lost keys, cellphone Sep. 15
- Muppet personal ads found on Ashley Madison Aug. 21
- Mayor seeks ban on personal flamethrowers Aug. 19
- Idaho replaces mile marker 420 with 419.9 to thwart stoners Aug. 18
- Guinness: 26-year-old cat in Oregon is world’s oldest alive Aug. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.