Hoosier Lottery officials said Robert Hamilton won $1 million from a scratch-off ticket he bought last week at an Indianapolis convenience store. His other big winner came in April in western Indiana’s Jasonville while traveling to a conference.
Hamilton said he used his first prize to pay off debts, buy a home and invest in his business. He now plans to buy a motorcycle.
The lottery said Hamilton’s tickets are among eight top prizes for its $120 Million Cash Spectacular Scratch-off game. Lottery officials said the odds of winning a top prize from the game are one in 2.1 million.
- The Buzz: O lucky man! 7/31/14
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Salem ‘witch’ takes self-proclaimed warlock to court over alleged harassment Oct. 27
- Police: Suspect arrested after he accidentally dialed 911 Oct. 18
- Bees swarm on 767 in Texas Oct. 15
- Jury: Boy not liable for exuberant hello that injured aunt Oct. 13
- 1,806-pound pumpkin dubbed ‘Flying Saucer’ Oct. 4
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.