But seriously: Is there a better subject than beer and spirits? We donít think so. Myself and fellow Herald writer Jessi Loerch will be posting news, reviews and features about local breweries and distilleries. Weíll keep readers updated on everything from new beers and brewers to great cocktails and places to imbibe.
This is a great time to be a craft-beer fan. With new nanobreweries opening up seemingly every day, craft beer is becoming a national obsession. Soon craft beer will be outselling macro beers (In Portland, in fact, itís already happening) and we live in an area thatís the vanguard of that movement. In the Northwest itís common place to walk down to a tiny mini-mart and have a full case of craft beers at your fingertips. Thatís progress.
The craft distilled spirits movement isnít far behind. Blue Water Organic Distilling on the waterfront in Everett is part of a group of like-minded individuals who love a finely crafted spirit that is made locally, and are doing something about it.
So weíll see you on the Internet ... or maybe at the brewery.
Most recent Hops and Sips posts
- The most imaginative cocktail July 29
- American Brewing returning to Great American Beer Festival July 28
- Number of unique Scuttlebutt beers at Saturday's Rock the Boat festival July 27
- Bluewater opens 'Northwest beach bar' on Everett waterfront July 26
- Bill 5353 is big news for Washington craft distilleries July 24
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.