But seriously: Is there a better subject than beer and spirits? We donít think so. Myself and fellow Herald writer Jessi Loerch will be posting news, reviews and features about local breweries and distilleries. Weíll keep readers updated on everything from new beers and brewers to great cocktails and places to imbibe.
This is a great time to be a craft-beer fan. With new nanobreweries opening up seemingly every day, craft beer is becoming a national obsession. Soon craft beer will be outselling macro beers (In Portland, in fact, itís already happening) and we live in an area thatís the vanguard of that movement. In the Northwest itís common place to walk down to a tiny mini-mart and have a full case of craft beers at your fingertips. Thatís progress.
The craft distilled spirits movement isnít far behind. Blue Water Organic Distilling on the waterfront in Everett is part of a group of like-minded individuals who love a finely crafted spirit that is made locally, and are doing something about it.
So weíll see you on the Internet ... or maybe at the brewery.
Most recent Hops and Sips posts
- Inspired by employee, Diamond Knot donates money to fire efforts Sep. 18
- Upcoming wine, brews and spirits events Sep. 18
- Snohomish brewery finds new downtown home Sep. 18
- Our favorite ciders from this year's Cider Summit Seattle Sep. 16
- Nano Night at The Local features a number of local breweries Sep. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.