Williams, considered a late-first to early-second-round talent coming out of college, was only available in the fifth round because of concerns about his knees, which have now cost him the first two seasons of his career.
Williams is the second player placed on IR in as many days, with tight end Anthony McCoy also out for the season because of an Achilles injury. Like Williams, McCoy will miss a second-straight season, though McCoy actually injured his other Achilles in 2013.
The Seahawks also released recently signed receiver Randall Carroll, and signed linebacker Marcus Dotwin. Dotwin, who entered the league as an undrafted free agent in 2012 with the New York Jets, has also spent time with Philadelphia, Buffalo and the New York Giants. He has appeared in 11 games and recorded 10 career tackles.
And finally, Marshawn Lynch was back on the field, as expected, though he didn’t go through practice. With the Seahawks having a mock game Saturday, it’s pretty unlikely he sees any action tomorrow either.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.