Here's a bit from a press release from BLM:
BLM Expands Restrictions to Limit Campfires in Okanogan County
Due to extreme fire conditions, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) will implement additional fire restrictions prohibiting campfires on public lands in Okanogan County. The restriction applies to all sites including developed recreation areas. The prohibition on campfires is an update to the fire restrictions originally issued on July 18, 2014. Fire restrictions are in effect until rescinded.
Effective at 12:01 a.m. on August 1, 2014, the following act is prohibited on affected lands:
- Building, maintaining, attending or using a campfire within Okanogan County.
For specific information regarding the fire restriction order please check the following websites: http://www.blm.gov/or/districts/spokane/index.php or https://fortress.wa.gov/dnr/firedanger/BurnRisk.aspx
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.