Here's a bit from a press release from BLM:
BLM Expands Restrictions to Limit Campfires in Okanogan County
Due to extreme fire conditions, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) will implement additional fire restrictions prohibiting campfires on public lands in Okanogan County. The restriction applies to all sites including developed recreation areas. The prohibition on campfires is an update to the fire restrictions originally issued on July 18, 2014. Fire restrictions are in effect until rescinded.
Effective at 12:01 a.m. on August 1, 2014, the following act is prohibited on affected lands:
- Building, maintaining, attending or using a campfire within Okanogan County.
For specific information regarding the fire restriction order please check the following websites: http://www.blm.gov/or/districts/spokane/index.php or https://fortress.wa.gov/dnr/firedanger/BurnRisk.aspx
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Gala raises money to help youth get outdoors Aug. 31
- How — and why — backcountry skiers find snow all year Aug. 30
- 3-hour course helps you take better nature photos Aug. 29
- Celebrate end of the summer climbing season at Mount Rainier Aug. 28
- Boardman Lake is a short, easy trail to pretty mountain lake Aug. 27
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.