BLM expands restrictions to limit campfires in Okanogan County
Here's a bit from a press release from BLM:
BLM Expands Restrictions to Limit Campfires in Okanogan County
Due to extreme fire conditions, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) will implement additional fire restrictions prohibiting campfires on public lands in Okanogan County. The restriction applies to all sites including developed recreation areas. The prohibition on campfires is an update to the fire restrictions originally issued on July 18, 2014. Fire restrictions are in effect until rescinded.
Effective at 12:01 a.m. on August 1, 2014, the following act is prohibited on affected lands:
- Building, maintaining, attending or using a campfire within Okanogan County.
For specific information regarding the fire restriction order please check the following websites: http://www.blm.gov/or/districts/spokane/index.php or https://fortress.wa.gov/dnr/firedanger/BurnRisk.aspx
Most recent Explore NW posts
- If disaster strikes at ice caves, rescuers want to be ready April 26
- Learn about EvCC's ORCA program on Thursday April 21
- Andy Porter will teach classes on nature photography in Marysville April 20
- See art and adventure meet at book release, film showing April 17
- Ice caves trail, parking lots will be closed Saturday morning April 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.