Seahawks re-sign DT Andru Pulu, waive WR Ronald Johnson and LB Brandon Denmark
Those moves, along with Michael Bowie being claimed off of waivers by Cleveland, and Seattle being awarded T Cory Brandon off waiver (Arizona) over the weekend, leaves the Seahawks with one open spot on the 90-man roster, thought they’ll likely fill that soon.
Update: that last roster spot has been filled by veteran offensive lineman Wade Smith, according to the man himself (or at least his Twitter account).
So thankful to be able to continue living out my NFL dreams this year w/ the @Seahawks!! Time to WORK!! #SeahawkNationSmith, 33, started every game at guard for the Houston Texans over the past four seasons, so like another recent signing and former Texan, Eric Winston, Smith should fit into Seattle's zone-blocking scheme. Smith, a third-round pick in 2003, earned Pro Bowl honors in 2012 with Houston.
— Wade Smith (@Smitty74allday) August 4, 2014
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks add three assistants to defensive coaching staff March 25
- Sounders forward Clint Dempsey out 2-3 weeks with hamstring injury March 24
- Seahawks awarded four compensatory draft picks March 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider provides some updates at NFL Annual Meetings March 23
- Seahawks re-sign long snapper Clint Gresham March 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.