Those moves, along with Michael Bowie being claimed off of waivers by Cleveland, and Seattle being awarded T Cory Brandon off waiver (Arizona) over the weekend, leaves the Seahawks with one open spot on the 90-man roster, thought they’ll likely fill that soon.
Update: that last roster spot has been filled by veteran offensive lineman Wade Smith, according to the man himself (or at least his Twitter account).
So thankful to be able to continue living out my NFL dreams this year w/ the @Seahawks!! Time to WORK!! #SeahawkNationSmith, 33, started every game at guard for the Houston Texans over the past four seasons, so like another recent signing and former Texan, Eric Winston, Smith should fit into Seattle's zone-blocking scheme. Smith, a third-round pick in 2003, earned Pro Bowl honors in 2012 with Houston.
— Wade Smith (@Smitty74allday) August 4, 2014
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.