Those moves, along with Michael Bowie being claimed off of waivers by Cleveland, and Seattle being awarded T Cory Brandon off waiver (Arizona) over the weekend, leaves the Seahawks with one open spot on the 90-man roster, thought they’ll likely fill that soon.
Update: that last roster spot has been filled by veteran offensive lineman Wade Smith, according to the man himself (or at least his Twitter account).
So thankful to be able to continue living out my NFL dreams this year w/ the @Seahawks!! Time to WORK!! #SeahawkNationSmith, 33, started every game at guard for the Houston Texans over the past four seasons, so like another recent signing and former Texan, Eric Winston, Smith should fit into Seattle's zone-blocking scheme. Smith, a third-round pick in 2003, earned Pro Bowl honors in 2012 with Houston.
— Wade Smith (@Smitty74allday) August 4, 2014
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Fred Jackson and more: notes from Pete Carroll's press conference Sep. 1
- Seahawks reportedly in talks with RB Fred Jackson Sep. 1
- Jeanpierre cut, Norwood traded as Seahawks get down to 75 (updated) Aug. 31
- Reader poll: whither Kam Chancellor? Aug. 31
- Russell Wilson's agent talks contract negotiations on 710 ESPN Seattle May 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.