Unhappy that so many candidates are running unopposed, an 87-year-old nudist named Dave Olinger decided to do something about it. He's running as a write-in candidate for Island County sheriff.
All Olinger needs to keep the dream alive is to win 1 percent of the vote cast for sheriff Tuesday, which should equate to about 180 write-in votes.
His opponent, incumbent Sheriff Mark Brown, says he welcomes the competition.
"People need to take a good look at any candidate,” he said.
Since Olinger is an 87-year-old nudist, Brown might want to rethink that statement.
See the full story at the Whidbey News-Times.
Most recent Web Monkey posts
- They may take our lives, but they'll never take our bacon Nov. 13
- #OptOutside instead of Black Friday? REI has a mountain to climb Nov. 6
- Bus riders get all the breaks Oct. 30
- Want to vape in public? You're wasting your breath Oct. 23
- Is historic aviation center our golden ticket or our Spruce Goose? Oct. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.