87-year-old nudist spices up Election Day
Unhappy that so many candidates are running unopposed, an 87-year-old nudist named Dave Olinger decided to do something about it. He's running as a write-in candidate for Island County sheriff.
All Olinger needs to keep the dream alive is to win 1 percent of the vote cast for sheriff Tuesday, which should equate to about 180 write-in votes.
His opponent, incumbent Sheriff Mark Brown, says he welcomes the competition.
"People need to take a good look at any candidate,” he said.
Since Olinger is an 87-year-old nudist, Brown might want to rethink that statement.
See the full story at the Whidbey News-Times.
Most recent Web Monkey posts
- 'The Marshawn Lynch Story' gets a bad review from its leading man Feb. 26
- How to end the Marysville traffic nightmare (or give up trying) Feb. 20
- Sterilization: When justice is just a snip away Feb. 13
- Time-lapse video of the Broadway Bridge removal Feb. 12
- Vaccination holdouts can take a little needling Feb. 6
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.