The fire occurred in the 2200 block of Eighth Street near Everett Community College.
No one was home when the fire broke out, Everett assistant fire marshal Eric Hicks said.
Someone called 911 around 12:50 p.m. to report smoke and flames coming from the three-bedroom rambler, Hicks said.
The bulk of the flames were put out within 10 to 15 minutes, he said.
The Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross was working with the family Wednesday to make sure they had a place to stay.
The family included three adults and three children.
Three pets were unaccounted for Wednesday afternoon.
The cause of the fire and a damage total were not immediately available.
More Local News Headlines
Contract for Snohomish Co. Jail to take Seattle inmates approved Woman struck by car on Highway 99 in Edmonds Burn ban lifted in Snohomish County — except Darrington Mukilteo School District ponders change as enrollment continues to surge Voters overwhelmingly chose Sultan's newest councilman, 21 Hearing set on car allowances for Snohomish County officials Monroe High's Cameron Lee wants to pursue theater, music interests Community Calendar
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.