The fire occurred in the 2200 block of Eighth Street near Everett Community College.
No one was home when the fire broke out, Everett assistant fire marshal Eric Hicks said.
Someone called 911 around 12:50 p.m. to report smoke and flames coming from the three-bedroom rambler, Hicks said.
“The bulk of the flames were put out within 10 to 15 minutes,” he said.
The Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross was working with the family Wednesday to make sure they had a place to stay.
The family included three adults and three children.
Three pets were unaccounted for Wednesday afternoon.
The cause of the fire and a damage total were not immediately available.
More Local News Headlines
Three weeks out, only four 911 texts have been valid County deputy director named president of state engineers association Accident victim has endured, thanks to his family, police officer Crews try to save man pulled from Stillaguamish River State’s oldest full-time worker on the job at EdCC Lord Hill levee repairs to start July 29 Less than a week before election, only 9.1 percent of ballots returned Red Cross on the lookout for heroes
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.