The fire occurred in the 2200 block of Eighth Street near Everett Community College.
No one was home when the fire broke out, Everett assistant fire marshal Eric Hicks said.
Someone called 911 around 12:50 p.m. to report smoke and flames coming from the three-bedroom rambler, Hicks said.
“The bulk of the flames were put out within 10 to 15 minutes,” he said.
The Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross was working with the family Wednesday to make sure they had a place to stay.
The family included three adults and three children.
Three pets were unaccounted for Wednesday afternoon.
The cause of the fire and a damage total were not immediately available.
More Local News Headlines
Lake Stevens man gets 71 years for 3-city shooting spree 5:19 p.m. Index Town Council candidate losing one race, winning another as a write-in Shoplifting suspects in Monroe return for milk, get busted Council OKs county budget; tax collection for courthouse to continue Herald reporter awarded for ‘compelling’ mental health story Man burned in duplex fire caused by candle 5:38 p.m. Part of Bothell-Everett Highway closed while police check out gunshot 5:12 p.m. Students, Rotary bring Thanksgiving meals to Everett’s needy
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.