The fire occurred in the 2200 block of Eighth Street near Everett Community College.
No one was home when the fire broke out, Everett assistant fire marshal Eric Hicks said.
Someone called 911 around 12:50 p.m. to report smoke and flames coming from the three-bedroom rambler, Hicks said.
“The bulk of the flames were put out within 10 to 15 minutes,” he said.
The Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross was working with the family Wednesday to make sure they had a place to stay.
The family included three adults and three children.
Three pets were unaccounted for Wednesday afternoon.
The cause of the fire and a damage total were not immediately available.
More Local News Headlines
Students impressed by career opportunities at Manufacturing Day 3-D technology finds some hidden cancers but can cost more Public Disclosure Commission calls Eyman's violations serious Arlington man dies in crash Hit and run in south Everett leaves woman in critical condition After audit, Lynnwood is fixing its financial problems Corey McCrea, 33: Snohomish skateboarder had found his gift Complaints say that commerce officials helped PUD score a grant
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.