The fire occurred in the 2200 block of Eighth Street near Everett Community College.
No one was home when the fire broke out, Everett assistant fire marshal Eric Hicks said.
Someone called 911 around 12:50 p.m. to report smoke and flames coming from the three-bedroom rambler, Hicks said.
“The bulk of the flames were put out within 10 to 15 minutes,” he said.
The Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross was working with the family Wednesday to make sure they had a place to stay.
The family included three adults and three children.
Three pets were unaccounted for Wednesday afternoon.
The cause of the fire and a damage total were not immediately available.
More Local News Headlines
Victims of Oso mudslide still await buyouts, 16 months later Study at Kayak Point Park will determine if clamming can return Arlington’s former Food Pavilion gets remodel, two new stores Sultan seeks to save deteriorating mural that memorializes firefighters Fire District 3, Fire District 7 will meet to consider a merger Nature is at the root of new preschool in Monroe Front Porch: Help stuff a bus School winners
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.