The fire occurred in the 2200 block of Eighth Street near Everett Community College.
No one was home when the fire broke out, Everett assistant fire marshal Eric Hicks said.
Someone called 911 around 12:50 p.m. to report smoke and flames coming from the three-bedroom rambler, Hicks said.
“The bulk of the flames were put out within 10 to 15 minutes,” he said.
The Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross was working with the family Wednesday to make sure they had a place to stay.
The family included three adults and three children.
Three pets were unaccounted for Wednesday afternoon.
The cause of the fire and a damage total were not immediately available.
More Local News Headlines
B-17 flight brings back memories for Arlington WWII vet 10-year plan looks at ‘big picture’ for Sno-Isle libraries ‘Queen, It’s a New Day’ pampers, empowers women dealing with hardships Monroe inmate’s alleged punch to ‘gain respect’ could result in life term Number of ways to help those affected by wildfires Front Porch: Smoking banned from Everett Station Feds allege fraud bankrolled a big Everett development 1 of 3 suspects arrested after Mukilteo store robbery
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.