What to watch and read as the Seahawks kick off preseason play tonight
Apparently in Denver folks are taking this seriously with the Denver Post going with a headline on its sports page saying “It’s a matter of pride”
Is it though?
Would the Broncos winning tonight really make up for a 35-point Super Bowl beat down? Of course not, no matter what they’re saying in Denver.
But just because the result doesn’t matter, that doesn’t mean the game doesn’t still have some significance. In today’s Herald, we give you a handful of things to keep an eye on tonight.
Also, you’ll probably see a lot about rookie Brock Coyle. If you missed it, we had this on him last weekend. Another player worth keeping an eye on tonight is Greg Scruggs, who has looked good in camp after missing last year with a torn ACL.
Seahawks.com has video of Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas and Doug Baldwin mic’d up in practice.
The LA Times’ Sam Farmer has this on Pete Carroll taking on the challenge of trying to keep the Seahawks on top.
From USA Today, an interview with Russell Wilson. It’s part promotional--Wilson stars in Braun’s “Face Greatness” ad campaign--but there’s some football stuff in there too, including Wilson’s thoughts on the new contract given to Cincinnati quarterback Andy Dalton.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Bruce Irvin and Jimmy Graham appear to have buried the hatchet April 13
- No, Russell Wilson isn’t going to play baseball April 13
- Seahawks preseason schedule announced April 9
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett denies trade report; still ‘feels the same way’ about Jimmy Graham April 9
- Lloyd McClendon ‘much more comfortable’ with Mariners’ current lineup vs. lefties April 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.