The accident was reported just before 7 p.m., Edmonds police Sgt. Mark Marsh said.
The man was wearing a helmet at the time. He was riding down a slope along Hemlock Street. Investigators believe the man lost control of the bicycle, possibly because of a medical problem, and crashed through a fence and a hedge and into a back yard.
No other vehicles were involved. Investigators also do not suspect any alcohol or illegal drugs. No mechanical problems were found with the bicycle.
The man’s identity had not been released by officials Friday.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Everett police seek gas-siphoning suspect, caught on video Aug. 18
- Edmonds police release video related to weekend shooting Aug. 18
- Tips help rescuers find hiker in Glacier Peak Wilderness Aug. 18
- Everett man struck by car in stable condition Aug. 18
- Edmonds police investigating Saturday shooting; no one hurt Aug. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.