Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch named in assault investigation
No arrest has been made.
The incident, which occurred at approximately 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, took place at a downtown Bellevue apartment unit. The allegation does not involve domestic violence or sexual assault.
According to the release, Bellevue PD is “in the process of gathering facts of this alleged incident, including verifying whether or not Mr. Lynch was in fact involved.”
Lynch participated in Seattle’s practice Sunday morning. The team has the day off Monday before returning to practice Tuesday.
Here’s the full release from Bellevue PD:
On August 10, 2014, at approximately 2:20 p.m., the Bellevue Police Department received an allegation of an assault and personal property damage at a downtown Bellevue apartment unit. The incident was alleged to have occurred at 2:30 a.m. on August 10. The female victim alleged that the suspect was Marshawn T. Lynch. No domestic violence or sexual assault was involved in the allegation. The case has been assigned to a detective and is an active investigation. The Bellevue Police Department is in the process of gathering the facts of this alleged incident, including verifying whether or not Mr. Lynch was in fact involved. No arrests have been made. There is no further information available at this time.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Bruce Irvin and Jimmy Graham appear to have buried the hatchet April 13
- No, Russell Wilson isn’t going to play baseball April 13
- Seahawks preseason schedule announced April 9
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett denies trade report; still ‘feels the same way’ about Jimmy Graham April 9
- Lloyd McClendon ‘much more comfortable’ with Mariners’ current lineup vs. lefties April 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.