Landline phone service restored in Darrington
The outage was reported about 8:30 a.m. and restored within about five hours, Frontier spokeswoman Emily Tantare.
A brush-cutting team accidentally severed the fiber cable that linked to Darrington after the March 22 mudslide near Oso.
The fiber cable snakes along the temporary access road south of Highway 530.
The cable was cut east of the landslide site, officials said.
Most recent Sirens posts
- New fire chief hired for North County Nov. 19
- Everett firefighter arrested in sex-crimes investigation Nov. 19
- 3 people, dog escape from fire that destroyed house near Snohomish Nov. 19
- Unattended stove blamed in Edmonds house fire Nov. 18
- Granite Falls police chief remains on leave after crash Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.