Pirates put McCutchen on 15-day DL, dating to last week
The Pirates promoted right-hander Casey Sadler from Triple-A Indianapolis before Monday's game against the Detroit Tigers.
McCutchen's move was listed as Aug. 4, the day after he left a game at Arizona with pain in his side following a swing. The previous day, he was hit in the same area by a pitch from Diamondbacks reliever Randal Delgado.
The Pirates felt McCutchen was hit in retaliation for Arizona All-Star first baseman Paul Goldschmidt sustaining a season-ending broken left hand a night earlier when hit by Pittsburgh reliever Ernesto Frieri.
McCutchen is batting .311 with 17 home runs and 67 RBIs this season. The reigning NL MVP leads the playoff-contending Pirates in batting average, on-base percentage, homers and RBIs.
- AquaSox have a pitching shortage 8/12/14
- Mariners' rookie Taylor gets day off, Miller starts at shortstop 8/12/14
- It's been a long time since M's games were this much fun 8/12/14
- Royals acquire Willingham from Twins for minor leaguer 8/11/14
- Mariners recall outfielder Jones from AAA Tacoma 8/11/14
- Mariners recall outfielder Jones from Tacoma 8/11/14
- Seven-run sixth inning leads Mariners to 11-1 win over Blue Jays 8/11/14
- Spokane beats AquaSox 3-2 in 10 innings after lightning delay 8/11/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.