Seahawks call Marshawn Lynch allegations “bogus”
Instead, the Seahawks fired back, calling the accusation against their star running back “bogus.”
“While we maintain the utmost respect for the investigative process, after speaking with Marshawn, we are comfortable these accusations are bogus,” a team spokesperson said in a statement.
A Bellevue Police Department spokesperson said via email Tuesday that there were no new details to release involving the investigation, but said, "This case remains a high priority for our department, and we are committed to bringing this investigation to a quick resolution. We have a full time detective working this case, and that detective has made significant progress in investigating these allegations fully and thoroughly."
Following Tuesday's practice, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was asked about Lynch and said, "I’m just going along with the statement that we made for right now. I’ll just support whatever the statement was from the club."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- No, Russell Wilson isn’t going to play baseball April 13
- Seahawks preseason schedule announced April 9
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett denies trade report; still ‘feels the same way’ about Jimmy Graham April 9
- Lloyd McClendon ‘much more comfortable’ with Mariners’ current lineup vs. lefties April 7
- Mariners opening day lineups, links and pregame notes April 6
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.