Seahawks call allegations against Lynch ‘bogus’
Instead, the Seahawks fired back, calling the accusation against their star running back “bogus.”
“While we maintain the utmost respect for the investigative process, after speaking with Marshawn, we are comfortable these accusations are bogus,” the team said in a statement.
A Bellevue Police Department spokesperson said via e-mail Tuesday that there were no new details to release involving the investigation, but added, “This case remains a high priority for our department, and we are committed to bringing this investigation to a quick resolution. We have a full time detective working this case, and that detective has made significant progress in investigating these allegations fully and thoroughly.”
Following Tuesday's practice, Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll was asked about Lynch.
“I'm just going along with the statement that we made for right now,” Carroll said. “I'll just support whatever the statement was from the club.”
- Seahawks linebacker Morgan 'having the camp of a lifetime' 8/13/14
- Broncos linebacker Trevathan out 6-8 weeks with knee injury 8/12/14
- Cowboys' Scandrick apologizes after receiving 4-game suspension 8/12/14
- Free-agent QB Quinn signs with Dolphins 8/12/14
- Browns sign QB Grossman, waive Thigpen 8/12/14
- FCC commissioner supports repeal of NFL TV blackout rules 8/12/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.