Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch cleared by Bellevue Police
“The Bellevue Police Department has determined that Marshawn Lynch was not involved in this incident in any way,” the statement said. “The case remains an open and active investigation. We appreciate the cooperation we have received from Mr. Lynch and the Seahawks organization during this investigation.”
Bellevue’s initial press release named Lynch while also admitting they still didn’t know if he, in fact, was involved in the alleged assault and property damage. The Seahawks took the unusual step of responding not with a generic statement acknowledging they were aware of the allegation, but rather by calling it “bogus,” which turned out to indeed be the case.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks add three assistants to defensive coaching staff March 25
- Sounders forward Clint Dempsey out 2-3 weeks with hamstring injury March 24
- Seahawks awarded four compensatory draft picks March 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider provides some updates at NFL Annual Meetings March 23
- Seahawks re-sign long snapper Clint Gresham March 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.