“The Bellevue Police Department has determined that Marshawn Lynch was not involved in this incident in any way,” the statement said. “The case remains an open and active investigation. We appreciate the cooperation we have received from Mr. Lynch and the Seahawks organization during this investigation.”
Bellevue’s initial press release named Lynch while also admitting they still didn’t know if he, in fact, was involved in the alleged assault and property damage. The Seahawks took the unusual step of responding not with a generic statement acknowledging they were aware of the allegation, but rather by calling it “bogus,” which turned out to indeed be the case.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.