Maggie Stiefvater is the author of The Raven Cycle series, seriously great books. A major character is an inanimate object, an orange Camaro that breaks down as often as it runs. It even has a name, the Pig.
Stiefvater re-blogged a cocktail recipe inspired by the Pig.
"Fancy enough not to embarrass your rich parents, powerful enough to knock a reckless teenage boy on his butt. It fizzes and sputters, but best of all, it’s very, very orange."
I won't give away all the details of the recipe, but I will say it includes apricots, rosemary, bourbon and my new favorite, St. Germain.
Go find it here. There's even a mocktail version. And while you're at it? Read around Maggie Stiefvater's tumblr. If you don't find something to amuse you, I'll buy you a drink.
Most recent Hops and Sips posts
- Where to enjoy a drink this weekend and beyond July 29
- The most imaginative cocktail July 29
- American Brewing returning to Great American Beer Festival July 28
- Number of unique Scuttlebutt beers at Saturday's Rock the Boat festival July 27
- Bluewater opens 'Northwest beach bar' on Everett waterfront July 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.